- Advanced troubleshooting on the full range of Fortinet products
- Collection, analysis, and change recommendations of configuration information
- Collection and analysis of customer network information
- Collection and initial analysis of packet trace information
- Recommend corrective actions based on analysis
- Provide customer education needed due to gaps in networking, product knowledge, processes, etc…
- Consultation of technical documentation, bulletins, and release notes for a known problem
- Reproduction of customer environments on lab equipment; work with L3 support to isolate and solve problems; recommend potential new solutions
- Follow up on technical cases including proper escalation and management of the case until case closure.
- Manage customer communication and expectations until the closure of each case
- Submit KB articles on a monthly basis to contribute to internal and external DB´s
- Use internal resources to self-study technologies and products as required by customer´s demand
- Collaboratively work with peers within Latin America and AMER region, in order to work on initiatives that can help to give better service to our customers, partners, and the security community in general
- Honor SLA´s and metrics in order to achieve customer satisfaction
- Manage customer communications and expectations until the closure of each case; conduct and lead customer management meetings regarding escalation.
- Submit bugs to L3 and development.
- Ensure clear and courteous communication with the customer until ticket closure
- Complete internal training as need and pass internal certifications as required
- Proper follow up of the processes established
- Suggest areas of improvement in the ticket handling process
- Effective communication with other technical areas; Technical Account management, Training, Field Support Engineers, L3 engineers, development, etc.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, And Certifications)
Education Requirement: Bachelor / Engineering degree in Computer Science, Electronics or Telecommunications granted by a University recognized by the local Education System and/or Education Authority.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a technical support role in the areas of TAC (Technical Assistance Centers), NOC (Network Operation Centers), SOC (Security Operation Centers), GSC (Global Service Center) with a networking/security company.
- Desired certificated in CCNA, CCNP
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches
- Desirable experience with security products firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti-Spam, virus scanning
- Strong troubleshooting and proven track record of problem-solving skills
- Desirable working knowledge of Windows, UNIX, or Linux
- Previous call center experience, preferably supporting data networking products and/or security products is desirable.
- Strong English and desirable Spanish communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to speak Spanish and English in one year.
- Strong analytical skills, oriented to details.
- Highly organized, multi-tasking skills required.
- Adaptable and flexible, operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and work well under pressure.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network – today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security features without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks number one in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 450,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]
Fortinet is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our company, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Nível de experiência
Tipo de trabalho
Atendimento ao Cliente
Tecnologia da informação e serviços Segurança de redes e computadoresSoftware