Job Family : Finance/Accounting
Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
The Supervisor General Accounting is responsible for leading and performing all activities in the accounts payable function including supervision of Account Payables (AP) team members, delegation of assignments, development and maintenance of system development and monitoring workflows. Qualified candidates must possess excellent communication skills, team management and building skills, the ability to meet deadlines and ensure diligent and responsive service to our clients. Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate records and control reports.
Key Responsibilities :
- Supervise a team of 8-10 team members
- Audits methods and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Train and develop associates to ensure accurate and timely processing of assigned duties.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of the work team.
- Conducts mid-year and annual staff reviews as well as handles employee discipline/performance issues.
- Communicates priorities and results in accordance with standards dictated by department metrics.
- Leads, supports and monitors strategic projects/department initiatives.
- Leads process improvements to improve efficiency.
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting systems.
- Supervise assigned staff and ensuring work assignments are complete and within department objectives.
- Oversee AP monthly period close.
- Partner with internal customers to educate and enforce accounts payable procedures, policies, IRS and internal controls.
- Maintain confidentiality of company and consumer data in both external and internal business dealings
- Maintain files and documents thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure daily balancing reports AP closing are completed by team.
- Monitor processes analyze issues and ensure compliance with company AP policies and procedures.
- Support company cost management goals and objectives.
- Collaborate and negotiate with cross-department resources and outside vendors.
- Ensure timely processing of 1099’s at year end.
- Manage monthly recurring payment process.
- Oversees and reports system issues and process deficiencies to the management or IT staff for resolution.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Ability to manage and build a team
- Ability to manage tasks and due dates
- Organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to excellence and accuracy; excellent customer service
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers in a professional manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly with regards to follow-up on unresolved issues
- Ability to handle multiple demands calmly and effectively, while maintaining attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to work in a team setting, including the ability to raise issues effectively
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work setting
- History of taking personal responsibility to make sure the job is accurate, timely and complete
- Strong skills in problem-solving, documentation, research and resolution, data analysis and multi-tasking
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and applicable Accounts Payable/general ledger systems
- Banking and Tax experience preferred
- Global payables experience preferred
- SAP experience required
- 3+ years of supervisor experience required
- 5 – 7 years of relevant experience or a combination of education (Bachelor’s degree preferred) and work experience required.
Please make sure your resume is in English.
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as we progress your application. Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will proceed in the selection process. To learn more about the people and culture at Sabre, follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
This job posting comprises the law No 19691 and its decree No 73/019, which includes the people registered in the National Register of disabled people who have the skills and aptitude for the position described in the present posting.
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Nivel de antigüedad
Tipo de empleo
Servicios y tecnologías de la información SoftwareServicios financieros
Montevideo, Montevideo, Uruguay
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita uy.linkedin.com.