Crossover for Work
Is everyone in your company moving in slow motion?
Do you observe technical stagnation and no innovations?
Do you enjoy leadership roles that require your in-depth technical know-how?
Then this is the job for you!
If you are used to being the best Software Developer on your team, and you love coaching others on how to improve and grow their technical skills, then our environment enables you to move into management without having to trade-in your love for code with project plans and politics. Because our workforce is composed of the top 1% of developers from all around the world, that annoying feeling that everyone is holding you back by moving too slow will be gone in no time. Working with super-smart high pace developers enables you to build a dream-team with exceptional performance.
Joining us is a career move that will help you exceed any global standards out there – and all in a remote environment! Apply now to start your long-term career path with us and shape the #futureofwork.
What You Will Be Doing
Telco has proven itself as one of the most complex domains for software development. Our experts work along with central engineering teams to solve the most complex challenges.
In this role, you will be responsible for building the best high-performing Engineering team. Your focus will be coaching team members on how to become top performers and to document and execute process improvements that improve overall quality or eliminate waste in an effort to automate manual work. This includes but is not limited to: collaborating on staffing plans for critical projects with Project Managers, syncing with Product Architects on technologies needed for product development, reviewing the quality of the code your team delivers, and improving productivity by automating manual operations.
What You Won’t Be Doing
You will not be a full-time Software Developer in the trenches daily writing code and taking on assignments from a working queue.
Software Engineering Manager Key Responsibilities
- Grow, coach and lead a fully distributed remote development team with the top 1% of global engineering talents
- Develop, fix & improve a portfolio of our Telco products
- Drive a continuous improvement process (Kaizen) across your team by making data-driven decisions
- Deep dive into technical issues, identify and resolve the real root causes
- 5+ years as a hands-on Software Developer or Architect in the Telecom industry
- Additional 3+ years as a Technical Lead, hands-on Team-Lead or a Chief Architect working very close to technology
- Great at providing focused coaching and mentoring, able to separate the important from the unimportant so your coaching is clear and productive
- Committed to high standards – Continuously push to improve your team’s performance
- Experience with writing and maintaining automated test suits and CI/CD pipelines for Telecom products
- Expert level experience in one or more Telecom sub-domains
- Strong computer science fundamentals in system design, data structures, algorithms
- Hands-on AWS cloud development experience
- Experience in building and delivering enterprise-grade SaaS products
- Experience in networking, messaging, roaming, billing and charging, phone solutions, QoS
Be part of the major transformation in telecoms! ZephyrTel brings the power of end-to-end public cloud solutions to telecom operators around the world. Having acquired 9 companies over the last three years and serving 300 telecoms operator customers, ZephyrTel continues to expand the portfolio to offer the largest breadth of solutions based on the public cloud. Our strategy is to deliver solutions for the Telco space which are based on the public cloud and stand to truly transform our customers’ businesses, revolutionizing the cost equation, and make them more competitive.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4356-UY-Montevid-SoftwareEngine.003
Nivel de antigüedad
Tipo de empleo
IngenieríaTecnología de la información
SoftwareServicios y tecnologías de la información Telecomunicaciones
Montevideo, Montevideo, Uruguay
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.