Crossover for Work
Every year, Trilogy hires and trains dozens of the world’s brightest new graduates to join our two-year fellowship program, beginning Autumn 2021. We’re building a global virtual team and are looking for entry-level software engineers like you who want to tackle some of the world’s most pressing problems. Unlike others, when we say entry-level, we mean it. You should graduate in 2020 or 2021 with a computer science degree – no work experience required.
While some entry-level roles focus on giving you repetitive problems and teaching you to follow directions, we are looking for passionate problem-solvers who can work closely with our most senior leaders to create transformative solutions.
You will be laser-focused on performing breakthrough experiments to tackle high-level business challenges. You’ll get to decide what to do and how you do it, from planning through deployment. You’ll have fun. You’ll get great feedback. And upon graduation, you’ll join an elite class of alumni who’ve launched careers as entrepreneurs, leaders, and influencers.
It won’t always be easy, but we promise there will never be a dull moment.
What You Will Be Doing
- Diving into a new business problem every 6-8 weeks, building understanding by interviewing product owners and customers and doing industry research
- Determining the «what» and the «how» to solve your problem — you’re the owner, so this is up to you!
- Conducting weekly experiments — writing code, reviewing outcomes, debugging, logging your learnings, and planning the next experiment
- Delivering your prototypes and deployments to real customers
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Being told exactly what to do and how to do it. We’re looking for initiative and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Getting it right all the time. We believe in failing fast and adapting to our learnings; you’ll need to embrace open feedback and be willing to grow.
- Working on your own. You’ll work as part of a small team (2 – 3 people) to tackle challenges, so you must have excellent written communication and collaboration skills.
Software Development Engineer (Graduate 2020/2021) Key Responsibilities
- Invent technical solutions to complicated problems
- Make clear, simple, and technically superior design decisions
- Apply an exceptionally high quality bar to the core technical design decisions — data structures, algorithms, architectural patterns, and the leverage of third-party implementations
- Synthesize your decisions and designs into clear, structured written specs
- Hands-on experience in coding in at least one scripting and one OOP language
- Proven problem-solving skills, with the ability to approach problems analytically
- Intellectually curious
- Basic understanding of system design
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences
- UI/frontend skills
- One or more research papers in a specific domain (e.g., ML, cloud, AI)
Hundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today’s modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded with great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4513-UY-Montevid-SoftwareDevelo
Nivel de antigüedad
Tipo de empleo
SoftwareServicios y tecnologías de la información
Montevideo, Montevideo, Uruguay
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.