Compassion International is an Evangelical Christian non-profit organization that provides a holistic child development program for children in extreme poverty in 25 countries around the world.
This position is based in the Compassion National Office in Fortaleza, Brazil.
Please submit your CV and cover letter (letter of intent) in English.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) implements and advises on human resource programs and policies, including performance management, discipline, compensation, benefits, equal opportunity and employee relations. At this career level, the HRBP anticipates and plans for long-term human resource needs and trends. This professional is generally competent in several human resources specialties and may be called on to coach or oversee the work of junior business partners.
What will you do?
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ’s mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Coaches managers, answering questions and instilling a sense of responsibility on matters such as employee relations, conflict resolution, discipline, performance management, staff development, termination, compensation issues, succession planning, benefits, and talent acquisition. Partners with appropriate senior leadership to properly engage employees in achieving functional objectives in the client area.
- Educates employees, answering questions on matters such as employee-manager interactions, conflict resolution, performance management, compensation issues, and benefits.
- In some locations, assists with or performs recruiting, benefits administration, employee health and wellness, and other human resources related programs.
- Uses current and complete understanding of local and national laws and regulations covering employment issues to protect Compassion’s interests by ensuring the ministry is in compliance with legal requirements are as well as providing and implementing relevant recommendations to the client groups on necessary practices/programs changes to meet these requirements.
- Investigates, and makes recommendations for resolution regarding employee or other stakeholder concerns around performance management, improvement, harassment, discrimination, misconduct, and similar matters.
- Analyzes the level of engagement through HR metrics, using personal expertise or assessment instruments. Recommends and institutes timely programs, methods and other interventions to address issues that hinder team’s level of success.
- Coordinates programs for client groups such as annual merit, performance management, benefits enrollment, and new employee orientation. May facilitate events for client teams such as team-building, merit program meetings, strategic planning, brainstorming, or other group sessions.
- Coaches and provides expertise to other professionals and support staff in the Human Resources discipline.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Deeply experienced working in all human resources subsystems: Personnel Administration, Talent Acquisition, Personal Development, Benefits, Labor Relations, Compensation and Training;
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work out of the office in Fortaleza, Brazil
- Ability to travel 15%
Why work here?
- The mission: Join a team that is motivated to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
- Spiritual growth: Participate in regular chapel services, prayer groups, and department devotionals.
Nível de experiência
Tipo de trabalho
Gestão de organização sem fins lucrativosOrganização cívica e socialRecursos humanos
Fortaleza e Região
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita br.linkedin.com.