UNESCO - United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
Duty Station: Montevideo
Job Family: General Administrative Support
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 7 to 11 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 15-APR-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Overview Of The Functions Of The Post
This post is located in the Regional Office for Sciences in Latin America and the Caribbean and Cluster Office to Argentina, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay in Montevideo. The secretarial and administrative assistant will work under the overall authority of the Regional Director of the Office/Bureau and the coordination of the Senior Director Assistant carrying out a range of office, administrative and clerical tasks in support of projects/programmes delivery.
The Secretarial Assistant Will Perform The Following Tasks
- Prepare outgoing correspondence according to standard practices and protocol, and ensure proper grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- Prepare a variety of administrative documentation using examples or templates. Process contracts in UNESCO´s computerized system (DUO) as per indications, follow up on tenders/biddings, enter vendors for contracts in DUO, prepare/submit/follow up with payment requests as per indications, all other procurement-related actions as per request;
- Make the necessary logistical arrangements and follow up for presential and virtual (via Zoom, Teams, Gmeets etc) seminars, workshops, meetings and other events including invitations, communication with partners/participants, travel arrangements, visa support, local transportation, conducting competitive bidding for contractors providing lodging/venue/translation services/etc.,
- File and maintain a database of contacts of governmental and development partners, civil society, experts and other stakeholders, as well as events in the Duo CRM system;
- Additional activities that may be required to ensure the success of the work team.
Long Description COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Accountability (C) Communication (C) Innovation (C) Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C) Planning and organizing (C) Results focus (C) Teamwork (C) – For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework . REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bilingual executive secretarial degree (Spanish/English)
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience
- Excellent level of Spanish and very good level of English
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Good knowledge of online conferencing and Webinar tools (Zoom, Teams)
- Ability to work as part of a multi-cultural team, to take initiative and to provide quality and timely support and services.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to draft correspondence and correct documents.
- Good organizational, coordination and filing skills. Ability to work under stress, manage priorities in order to meet with rigor tight deadlines and multitasking
- Knowledge of French or Portuguese language will be an asset
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
Applicants have to be Uruguayan nationals or authorized to work in Uruguay
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Nivel de antigüedad
Tipo de empleo
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucroDotación y selección de personalAdministración gubernamental
Montevideo, Montevideo, Uruguay
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita uy.linkedin.com.