Job Family : Legal
Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
We are seeking a strategic, highly skilled privacy professional to provide tactical counsel on data privacy and information security matters and to build relationships with business partners in a collaborative environment. As a subject-matter expert on privacy and information security, the principal counsel will report to the Senior Director, Data Privacy Management, and provide privacy and information security advice in support of Sabre’s global business. The principal counsel will focus on regulatory compliance, contracting, and operational risk management in data privacy, information security, incident response, technology, ecommerce, mobile applications, records management and vendor management.
More specifically, the principal counsel’s responsibilities and duties will include the following :
- Partner with Sabre’s business units to provide practical, expert advice on privacy issues related to complex business matters, commercial contracts, and to drive compliance with US and global privacy laws and regulations, including GDPR and CCPA.
- Guide and support Sabre’s business units on legal and regulatory requirements related to privacy, information security, and incident response.
- Monitor and report on federal, state, and international laws and regulations as well as court decisions, industry guidelines, trade journals, and other relevant publications related to privacy, information security, and technology.
- Assist in creating, identifying, implementing, and managing privacy, information security, and incident response policies, procedures, and guidance.
- Support pan-Sabre privacy projects; partner with teams to perform Privacy Impact Assessments/Data Protection Impact Assessments and Legitimate Interest Assessments; provide DPA contracting support; and facilitate integration of privacy, risk, and compliance requirements into business planning processes, including marketing and new product development.
- Assist the business units with responding to Respond to business, customer, and vendor privacy inquiries.
- Respond to data subject complaints, data subject access requests, and related matters.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and ongoing compliance monitoring of vendor agreements to ensure privacy requirements and responsibilities are addressed.
- Develop training materials (FAQs, playbooks, etc.) on privacy, information security and incident response for Sabre’s legal department and business units.
- Participate in the initial diligence, implementation, and ongoing compliance monitoring of third-party vendors to ensure privacy and security requirements are met and contractual obligations are honored.
- Initiate, facilitate, and promote activities to foster data privacy, information security, and incident response awareness within Sabre and among Sabre’s vendors and other appropriate third parties.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. JD and license to practice law required.
- Strong knowledge of international privacy regulations required.
- CIPP certification strongly preferred.
- At least five years’ experience focusing on privacy, data protection, information management, or information security in, or advising global organizations, working as an attorney or privacy manager/professional.
- Experience in global privacy matters required.
- Must demonstrate accountability, strong attention to detail and organizational skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, strong initiative, innovation, and creativity in finding solutions.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to influence and partner effectively with all levels of personnel and outside law firms.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communications in English required. Additional language skills preferred.
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as we progress your application. Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will proceed in the selection process. To learn more about the people and culture at Sabre, follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
This job posting comprises the law No 19691 and its decree No 73/019, which includes the people registered in the National Register of disabled people who have the skills and aptitude for the position described in the present posting.
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Nivel de antigüedad
Algo de responsabilidad
Tipo de empleo
Contrato por obra
Servicios y tecnologías de la información SoftwareServicios financieros
Montevideo, Montevideo, Uruguay
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita uy.linkedin.com.