At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This is an opportunity to work with IBM’s networking and security services team that operates at the forefront of Cloud, Data center, Networking and Security solutions.
«Network & Security Specialist» focuses primarily on maintaining, managing, (re) configuring, (re) designing, updating and monitoring network and security infrastructure.
Possibility of joining a work team that manages and supports networking and security solutions (Switches, Routers, Wireless, Network Management & Automation, Network Security, SDN, others).
Candidates must have experience in networking areas (LAN, WAN, «Network Security»).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Implement, configure and manage network infrastructure / architecture: switches, routers, load balancers, wireless networks.
- Experience in some of these solutions and knowledge areas (3 years): implement, configure and manage infrastructure / network architecture (Core, LAN, WAN). For example some of these cases: Cisco Catalyst / Nexus, Juniper EX, Aruba, others
- Understand and work knowledge of common critical network protocols and layer 7 technologies such as SMTP, HTTP, HTTP / S, SSL / TLS, DNS, FTP, SSH and others.
- Knowledge of TCP / IP protocol stack operations, VLAN, IPv4 / 6, Etherchannels, Spanning Tree, HRSP, vPC / LACP, IP SLA, Dynamic Routing, DHCP, LLDP / CDP, MST / PVST, IPSEC, GRE, Port Security and others
- Analyze and / or decrypt packet captures from wired and wireless network protocol analyzers (Wireshark, TCPdump, Wifi sniffers, etc.)
- Knowledge of solutions such as AAA, Monitoring (eg Nagios, Zabbix, others), Network Management, DNS, Syslog, etc.
- Knowledge of automation solutions (eg Ansible).
- Troubleshooting and failure analysis
- Network diagnostics
- Effective problem solving skills
- Hardening in networking and security equipment
- Understanding and knowledge of various log formats from a variety of network and security devices
- Experience with «Agile» methodologies.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Experience in some of these solutions and knowledge areas: implement, configure and manage security infrastructure / architecture. Especially Firewalls / UTM / NGFW. For example some of these cases: Cisco ASA, Firepower, Fortinet, Checkpoint.
- Networking / Networking Solutions: SD-WAN, SDN, ADC / Load Balancers (Cisco, Juniper, VMware, F5, others)
- Knowledge of log formats for syslog, http logs, database logs and how to collect forensic analysis for traceability back to event
- Network Programmabiliity: Have basic programming or scripting skills (Perl / Python, C / C ++, Assembly, etc)
- SAN: SAN (storage) networks, convergent networks.
- Wifi: Knowledge of WLAN technologies.
- Cloud: experience in cloud environments (public, private, hybrid), in networking and / or security tasks.
- Infra / Cloud: Knowledge of virtualization technology, devops, automation
Preferred Technical And Professional Experience / Certifications Valued
- Cisco CCNA, Juniper JNCIA or higher
- Certifications of manufacturers and / or technologies
- All other technical certifications are also welcome and highly valued. Eg Diplomas from Networking and / or Security courses.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It’s a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, «What else is possible?» GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Nivel de antigüedad
Tipo de empleo
Montevideo, Montevideo, Uruguay
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita uy.linkedin.com.