Crossover for Work
At EngineYard, we are working towards the next big wave of innovation – ARM processors. The computing world is undergoing a true shift with the move towards ARM processors, and EngineYard is at the forefront of bringing ARM based solutions to the Ruby community. We, at EngineYard, are on a mission to make deploying and managing applications easier and faster by moving to ARM based Graviton processors.
We are looking for Ruby experts who will deliver attention-stealing insights borne from intense research and hands-on stack enhancement and platform updates. You will love this role if you can’t think of a better tool than Ruby for solving just about any problem you encounter and are energized by the idea of driving a sea of changes in the Ruby community.
What You Will Be Doing
In this role, you will spend most of your time researching Ruby, updating stacks and platforms with what you learn, and documenting your ideas so that you and Engine Yard can win prestige and influence in the open-source community.
What You Won’t Be Doing
You will NOT be hanging around message boards, waiting to say something smart, without having any accountability. This is not a sales and marketing role.
Lead Engineer – Ruby Key Responsibilities
- Research Ruby/Rails specific security, performance and operational enhancements, and apply these insights to upgrading the stacks.
- Research Ruby/Rails specific observability and deployment enhancements, and update the platform with those decisions. At times, these contributions might have to be made to open-source projects.
- Summarize your discoveries and hand your writeups to our marketing team. They will then publish these insights as blog posts in the Ruby community.
- A Computer Science or related degree and at least 5 years of related work experience
- Ruby community knowledge
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Devops experience with large-scale application deployments
- Contributions to a popular open-source Ruby/Rails project (i.e., a project with 1,000+ stars on Github)
About Engine Yard
This is an opportunity to work on building a new brand in developer tools that will shape the future of software development. You will be working with an exceptional team to help scale a fast-paced new business. Every technology you work with will be leading edge and innovative. Developers, engineers, product managers, business analysts, quality assurance analysts and customer and production support personnel work closely with one another to build our next-generation platform. You will have the opportunity to work independently on challenging compound problems as well as collaborate with other team members to solve major goals.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4498-BR-SãoPaulo-LeadEngineerRu.003
Nível de experiência
Tipo de trabalho
Desenvolvimento de negóciosEngenhariaTecnologia da informação
São Paulo, SP
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.