Upwave is the Brand Intelligence Platform. We make brand marketing more impactful.
Upwave plans, measures, and optimizes brand marketing. With our Brand Campaign Measurement and Instant Insights products, we provide a software & data platform to the world’s largest brand marketers.
Our customers are Fortune 500 companies across multiple verticals – including CPG, food & beverage, consumer technology & telecom, and financial services – as well as the world’s largest advertising agencies and media platforms.
We are unapologetically supportive of brand advertising, and work hard every day to prove its value; we know if companies can measure the value of those dollars, they’ll spend more. Brand advertising pays for not only the movies we watch and music we hear, but the journalism we read and the information we access. In short, brand advertising supports the free flow of information through society. So, we’re proud to be the first company dedicated to using data science to show enterprises the true effectiveness of their brand spend.
We are backed by leading venture investors (Y Combinator, Uncork Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Initialized Capital, PivotNorth, Ridge Ventures, Industry Ventures, Conductive Ventures,) and leading MarTech founders & CEOs.
We’re a humble but ambitious team that takes its work seriously but never ourselves. Come join us.
The most successful companies understand that data and analysis are the foundation of any effective business strategy. Modern enterprises live and breathe data that they leverage through all sorts of dedicated analytics platforms: customer, product, supply chain, finance, etc. But until now, there’s never been an effective software solution to understand, measure, and optimize companies’ most important asset: their brand.
Upwave is a venture-funded startup building the Brand Intelligence Platform. We offer a comprehensive set of tools that help our Fortune 100 clients understand and improve how they’re perceived in the marketplace, how aware consumers are of the value they provide, and how much consumers trust them to provide the value they promise.
Upwave has already built the industry’s leading toolkit for gathering, analyzing, and exploring data on consumer brand perception. Our tools are used daily by managers and marketers at many of the world’s best known brands (like Nestlé and American Express) and Upwave is now ready to step on the gas and scale up until we become the de facto industry standard. That means constantly working to deeply understand our users’ needs and to scale our existing platform while still constantly building new, powerful, low-friction self-serve analytical tools that help marketers ask and answer their most urgent strategic questions.
Our engineering team is small but growing rapidly. We need a Full Stack Engineer like you to provide strong technical leadership as we extend our React-based dashboard to satisfy more and more complex, data-intensive customer needs (while remaining both simple to use and easy to extend and maintain).
What you will do:
As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll work with our highly-experienced, highly-collaborative team to develop across our both our React-based frontend and our microservices-based backend API. This is an opportunity to have an immediate, pivotal impact on the development of a modern, professional-grade set of analytical tools that are actively being used by some of the world’s largest companies to directly guide hundreds of millions of dollars of marketing budget.
- You have experience with end-to-end development of powerful, intuitive, highly-functional products for professional end users. You understand the various philosophies of API design and have informed opinions on their respective strengths and weaknesses. You’ve built robust, high-quality API-consuming applications before (whether single-page web apps, mobile apps, or cloud-powered desktop apps).
- You deeply understand and enjoy programming. You’re familiar with the modern landscape of interface frameworks, web/API/microservice frameworks, and databases. You know which approaches to embrace and to avoid, and which frameworks to use, when, in what combinations (and when not to use a framework at all).
- You value and practice rigorous engineering methodology. You believe that well-structured code, comprehensive testing, and solid engineering methodology are a must.
- You have strong opinions about what makes a good, usable, extensible, maintainable API. As a Full Stack engineer, you’ll both build and consume our backend API.
- You like solving real-world business problems. Our clients use our data to make their businesses more effective, and you’ll use your skills to turn theoretical ideas into concrete tools and improvements that will help Upwave satisfy our clients. You should enjoy collaborating with Product on specs and designs that solve real needs and will delight end users.
- You have a product mindset. You’re here to build software to be used by real people. You try to understand and empathize with the experience of our users and you care about getting the experience right. You collaborate well with designers (but you also know when to push back). You can develop pixel perfect interfaces when necessary, but you also believe that sometimes “done is better than perfect” and you’re comfortable making a strong start at a new user flow based on just a conversation and a rough mock.
- You’re humble. You understand that you’ll be responsible for making sure we end up with great systems by making sure the best ideas win, even if those ideas aren’t yours.
- You’re curious. You care about understanding the world around you and want to learn more about why it works the way it does.
- You’re the type who fixes problems instead of worrying about who’s responsible for fixing them. You own and take responsibility for your actions and your work and you want to stake out a meaningful area of expertise within the constant swirl and change of startup life.
- You believe that well-oiled, high-trust teams are more effective than the sum of their parts. You know that participating effectively in a team takes deliberate effort and compassionate, effective, and non-violent communication. Upwave works hard to foster a welcoming, inclusive climate where people feel safe and supported and actually want to work with each other. You’re comfortable being evaluated for what you add to the team, not just what you add to the codebase.
- We don’t have a formal requirement around years of experience. The typical candidate who’s reached the necessary level for this role has more than 5 years of professional experience, but we care more about what you’ve accomplished than about how many years you’ve spent doing it.
- At least some experience building tools to visualize and explore large, dense datasets.
- Experience working with React/Redux.
- Experience working with a JVM-based language (particularly Java or Groovy) and a Spring-based web framework (particularly Spring Boot or Groovy-on-Grails).
- Experience and comfort with data management both through RDMBS (particularly MySQL) and NoSQL stores (particularly DynamoDB).
- Experience working on cloud-native applications (particularly on AWS).
- Experience working on a microservices architecture (and with migrating monolithic applications into a microservices architecture).
- Experience working with testing tools like Postman, Spock, RTL, and Cypress.
- Experience at a startup or fast-growing company.
- Experience building quality products for demanding professional end users.
- Experience with marketing technology, advertising technology, or market research companies.
Upwave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Nivel de antigüedad
Tipo de empleo
IngenieríaTecnología de la información
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita uy.linkedin.com.