Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 300 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
As the Platform Engineering Director, you will lead the Engineering teams responsible for building an extensible product, developing key partner integrations, and fostering an engineering brand for MURAL. Your team is also responsible for making an inclusive product by leading accessibility efforts and building a design system for internal and external developers. You will work closely with the Director of Product in Platform as you create a world-class design system and a suite of integrations, SDKs, APIs, documentation, and more.
You are someone who is a leader of leaders, who knows how to motivate a team, set clear direction, and create a positive environment where people can do their best work. You care about people, you are passionate about products, and you are ready to have a massive impact.
You are also someone with a passion for extensibility, accessibility, and generally creating an amazing developer experience. While you won’t be writing code, having a technical background in development enables you to understand the developer persona and to lead a team of domain experts.
In this role, you will:
- Hire and lead a team of excellent Engineering Managers
- Work with other MURAL leaders to design and drive the plan for MURAL’s engineering vision and culture in line with the company values.
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability and simplicity.
- Build and lead a high-caliber team of software engineers to solve company goals while remaining close to the problem space.
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of the MURAL’s engineering management team.
- Thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility, making hard decisions and tradeoffs and ensuring great information flow.
- Help to craft and iterate on our technology infrastructure to enable the growth and scale the business needs to succeed.
- Be responsible for the engineering of services and tools to support and accelerate the efficiency of development internally and externally on the Mural platform.
- Work closely with product management, analysts, architects, engineering leads, and business stakeholders to define requirements, guide product and architectural vision, lead key technical and design discussions, and prioritize delivery efforts.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or relevant and demonstrable practical experience
- Must have at least 2+ years of hands-on engineering management experience with experience managing managers
- 5+ years of experience in software development, with a passion for engineering best practices and having an impact on tech problems at scale
- Demonstrated track record of success growing and supporting managers
- Experience in delivering products in an agile development environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A genuine excitement to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- The ability to lead by example and help teammates do their best work
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive deeply into the technology and business domains that use MURAL today and could use MURAL tomorrow.
- Experience building platforms and extensible products
- Understanding of security principles, networking, communication protocols and modern architecture best-practises for highly available systems.
What We Offer
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.
Nivel de antigüedad
Tipo de empleo
IngenieríaTecnología de la información
Servicios y tecnologías de la información SoftwareInternet
Cerro Largo, Uruguay
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita uy.linkedin.com.